WE ARE YOUNG (WAY) IS HOSTING A NEW EVENT THIS SUMMER THAT YOU DO NOT WANT TO MISS!! JOIN US ON SATURDAY, AUGUST 24TH, 2019 AND COMPETE IN THE ULTIMATE URBAN ADVENTURE RACE!
WAY is excited to be holding its first Race to Bridge the Gap event and is searching for teams of two to register, fundraise, and compete against other teams in a race to bridge the generational gap.
The race will have teams completing a series of challenges located throughout our city. Here’s how it works… when you start, your team of two will get a map. There you will find challenges located throughout downtown Halifax and Dartmouth. You and your partner need to strategize your route and then navigate your way through ten of these challenges before you can race back to the finish line to claim your victory. WAY’s goal is to create a one of a kind experience for our Haligonians. Something that will challenge both your body and mind and something that will take you outside of your comfort zone. Teams will be faced with both physical and mental challenges and you will be racing by foot, or by other forms of public transportation, from one challenge to another.This race will give you the opportunity to meet elders in our community while working with them throughout the day to support WAY’s initiative to grant wishes to a generation who are often times forgotten. So if you are looking to try something new and exciting, join our race today. It’s sure to be the highlight of the summer!
- Determine whether you will register as a Corporate Team or Standard Team
- If you are registering as a Corporate Team, please email email@example.com. If you are registering as a Standard Team, REGISTER HERE
- Recruit a partner that will join you on race day
- Each participant is required to pay a $65 registration fee
- When registered, teams have a commitment to fundraise and reach their minimum team goal of $500 before the event, all in support of WAY
- Have FUN and know that you are helping make unfulfilled wishes come true for our elders in Nova Scotia!
INCLUDED IN TEAM REGISTRATION, EACH PARTICIPANT WILL RECEIVE:
- WAY swag
- Snacks throughout the day
- Snacks and refreshments at the finish line
- Most importantly, the opportunity to raise awareness and engage with our oldest generation.
PRIZES: We have been so fortunate to have a community who continually supports our cause to grant unfulfilled wishes to our elders. And, because of their incredible support, we are teaming up to give you something else to look forward to as you reach your fundraising goal! The first 5 teams to reach their fundraising goal of $500 will receive a round of golf at The Links at Brunello. Also, our top fundraising teams overall will receive a private plane ride with Commercial Pilot Bradley Farquhar, sponsored by Purple Cow Internet. This plane ride will take you over the peninsula of Halifax and along the coastline to Peggy’s Cove and back to witness breathtaking views of the place we call home. If that weren’t enough to get your racing shoes on, we will be giving out more prizes at the finish line!
Date: August 24th, 2019
Starting location: The Halifax Waterfront
Race Start Time: 9:00am
Race End Time: 3:00pm (or when the last team crosses the finish line)
WAY’s race is about bringing our community of generations together, and enjoying one another’s company throughout the day! Apart from participating as a team, there are many ways for our community to get involved. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 902-430-7621 to connect with us and learn more about our sponsorship opportunities.